About the workshop
A ‘Theory of Change’ defines the long term goal you want to achieve, and then maps backward each of the building blocks needed to get there. A good Theory of Change is based on intelligent and considered assumptions that ‘if we do this, then this will happen’ and sets out a pathway from where we are to where we want to be. This workshop will take you through what a Theory of Change is in more detail, and help you to create a Theory of Change for your own campaign.
This workshop is suitable for:
– Campaigners with little or no understanding of what a Theory of Change is.
– Anyone from a large or small charity or campaign group (even if you’re not a registered charity).
After the workshop you will:
– understand what a Theory of Change is.
– be able to identify the preconditions for success for your campaign, and what interventions you need to make to realise each of those preconditions.
– be able to prepare a Theory of Change for your own campaign.
– PowerPoint slides and other course materials will be emailed to you after the workshop (no printed materials are provided on the day for environmental reasons).
Refreshments are provided throughout the workshop.