About the workshop
If you want to lobby Government to introduce or change legislation it is essential for you to understand how Parliament works and key Parliamentary processes. This workshop will introduce you to many of the key mechanisms and access points that are available to campaigners to try to influence the Government through Parliamentary means.
This workshop is suitable for:
– Individuals who need to influence Government as part of their campaign, but have little or no understanding of how to engage with MPs, Ministers and Parliament.
– Anyone from a large or small charity or campaign group (even if you’re not a registered charity).
After the workshop you will:
– understand the key mechanisms for engaging with Parliament (including Select Committees, All Party Parliamentary Groups, Public Bill Committees, Opposition Debates and many others) to enable you to influence the Government.
– be able to decide which Parliamentary mechanisms are most appropriate to advance your campaign and which may be less useful.
– be able to create a Parliamentary lobbying strategy.
– PowerPoint slides and other course materials will be emailed to you after the workshop (no printed materials are provided on the day for environmental reasons).
Refreshments are provided throughout the workshop.