About the workshop
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 can be an extremely powerful campaigning tool. This workshop will take you through how to make a Freedom of Information request to a statutory body, how it should integrate into your wider campaign objectives, and tactical aspects of making requests and using the data that you have gathered.
This workshop is suitable for:
– Individuals who have no previous experience of making Freedom of Information requests.
– Anyone from a large or small charity or campaign group (even if you’re not a registered charity).
After the workshop you will understand:
– how the Freedom of Information can further your campaign
– the obligations that statutory bodies have – and do not have – in complying with your request
– which organsations are and are not subject to Freedom of Information requests
– how to write an effective Freedom of Information request
– how to integrate Freedom of Information requests into your campaign strategy
– PowerPoint slides and other course materials will be emailed to you after the workshop (no printed materials are provided on the day for environmental reasons).
Refreshments are provided throughout the workshop.